Disability Blogger Award & Chronic Illness Blogger Network
How it works;
- Thank your nominator. I can’t begin to let Nyxie of Nyxies Nook know how much I appreciate the nomination. I was having a rough time that day and seeing the nomination made my day much better.
- Recognize Georgina from Chronillicles as the creator of the award. She is another great blog you should check out.
- Use logo somewhere in the post.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Write 5-15 of your own questions – they don’t have to be illness related!
- Nominate 5-15 other disability, chronic illness, mental illness or special needs bloggers Comment on each of your nominees’ latest posts to tell them they have been nominated
The Questions Nixie Asked Me
1.Why did you start blogging?I started blogging this year as a an opportunity to write and help break the stigma and spread education and advocacy for those who need support. I am wanting to help others through my writing.
2.What, in your own opinion, is your spirit animal and why? I guess I would say a wild rabbit. They are quick and have great vision. Some wild rabbits are more prone to solidarity. I prefer to be the type of rabbit that lives with a community.
3.Favourite TV show/movie at the moment and why? We just finished NorthShore Rescue on Netflix. It was really good. I like stories like this that involve real life issues.
4.If you were asked to break down the stigma surrounding your illness, what two major points would you make!? I know that I put off getting help because I was too wrapped up in worrying about what other people would think. If you are feeling your anxiety, depression or whatever it may be is overwhelming or concerning you seek help. If you feel at all like hurting yourself get help now, don’t wait.
Question and Answers continued…
I think the one thing that annoys me is when people make negative comments about people who are struggling. Comments such as “they are nuts”. Don’t you think we struggle enough? comments like that only add to our decreased self esteem and make us more depressed. We already feel like we aren’t good enough. We want to just be ‘normal’ like you. Reality there is no ‘normal’ but when you already feel like you are not enough that is hard to see.
Continuing on with the negative comments when someone has lost the battle to mental illness it is treated very differently than if someone loses the battle with Cancer. Why? They are medical reasons. I know you think its all in our head and we just need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps or snap out of it. It is not that easy. I pray you never have to walk in those shoes in order to understand.
5.Where are you from? I was born and raised and have lived in Maine my whole life. I wrote some about Maine in this post here.
6.Preferred method of engagement (or what can I do to help) for your blog? I am new so appreciating any engagement whether it be comments, likes or shares.
7.Tea or coffee? I have to limit my coffee because of some health stuff. I do have a couple of cups with my husband in the morning before he goes to work. The rest of the day it is water and herbal teas.
My questions for my nominees;
- What do you do as excerise?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What are your favorite books?
- What is your favorite Childhood Memory
What’s your favorite movie?
- What three things do you think of the most each day?
- If you could time travel, what would you do?
What did you want to be when you were small?
- What makes you laugh the most?
- If you had to become an animal, what would you choose?
- What is your favorite comedy?
I had a hard time choosing nominees because there are so many great chronic illness/disability awareness bloggers I have come across lately. I narrowed it down by making sure I didn’t nominate the same bloggers I did for the Sunshine Blogger Award or those who I had recently seen nominated by others. Their names link to their Facebook pages and I have added links to their blogs. Please go check them out and show them some support for all of their hard work.